Digital Trends may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site. Why trust us?
Part of the Nintendo Switch’s appeal is its versatility — you can play it at home on your TV or on the go in portable mode. This versatility also applies to multiplayer and co-op games, which can be played with single Joy-Con controllers, in tabletop mode, and wirelessly both online and locally. Better yet, many of these Nintendo Switch games allow for crossplay with other consoles and PCs.
And while the Switch might not be the competitive powerhouse that the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are, it still offers an incredible library of multiplayer games. In fact, the portable console is home to some of the best co-op experiences we’ve seen this generation, and new competitive games are being added all the time. Here are our favorites, whether you’re a fan of raucous racing games, mellow simulators, or monster-hunting titles of the finest caliber.
- Best indie games on Nintendo Switch
- The best party games for Nintendo Switch
- The best multiplayer games on the PS5
- Best gaming PC deals: Get a new desktop rig from $530 today
- The best games on Xbox Game Pass for 2022 (right now)
- Splatoon 3: Best abilities in the game
- The best upcoming Nintendo Switch games
- Best gaming laptop deals for September 2022